About Anthony Edwards
T: (250) 898-9973
F: (250) 338-1116
Here is a brief version of my CV for you.
- 1957 - Born in Toronto, Ontario.
- 1978 - Graduated with a BA in Economics from the Royal Military College of Canada, Kingston, Ontario.
- 1979 to 1990 - Logged 3000 hours as a helicopter pilot, including time as a search and rescue pilot on Labrador helicopters in Comox, British Columbia.
1991 to 1994 - Semi-retired to Spain.
- 1996 to 1999 - Earned mutual funds and insurance designations through PFSL Canada and began to build my practice in Victoria, BC.
- 2000 - Moved back to the Comox Valley and joined First Financial Securities Inc.
- 2001 - Earned my full securities accreditation with an honours pass on the Canadian Securities Course.
- In December 2004 I was an honours graduate of the Investment Management Techniques program, an advanced course offered by the Canadian Securities Institute, and the first of two advanced courses leading to the prestigious Canadian Investment Manager (CIM) designation. The knowledge gained has allowed me a much deeper understanding of efficient portfolio construction, and I trust my clients will reap the benefits in kind.
- 2011 - Moved my practice to Portfolio Strategies Securities Inc. headquartered in Toronto. Moved into my current office at 318A Duncan Ave. in Courtenay, BC.
- 2012 - Obtained my license in BC to sell life and disability insurance, as well as annuities and other 'guaranteed income for life' offerings.
What's important to me is that corporations...
respect the dignity and value of all people around the globe
- help to build a world at peace and free from violence
- practice sound environmental stewardship
- plan to develop their businesses in a sustainable manner
- treat animals in an ethical and humane way
- are active in supporting their local communities
What's important to you?
Portfolio Strategies Securities Inc. is an independent investment dealer headquartered in Toronto, Ont. We are an independent securities dealer, which means that we are free from pressure to recommend any one investment product over another.
Portfolio Strategies Securities Inc. offers a full range of investment product, from stocks, bonds and mutual funds, to venture capital funds, ETFs and Limited Partnerships. As with most brokerages, we earn our living from commissions, but can also arrange to base our fees on the assets that you bring under our administration.
Portfolio Strategies Securities Inc. is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). There is no minimum investment criteria for my clients.